1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

light help

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by farmerkev, Dec 3, 2011.

1. farmerkev

farmerkev Senior Member

Im trying to replace one of the lights on my unimount, the light I have is a tad different than the stock light but im gonna switch over to it. Im just gonna cut the wires and splice them. But I cant find a wiring diagram anywhere online. Could somebody tell me where to find one or give me the colors for the 4 wires and what ones do what?

2. Moonlighter

Moonlighter Senior Member

Black/orange = ground head lights and turn -runners
    Black = low beam
    White = high beam
    purple = right turn
    grey = left turn
    brown = runners

3. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

Its pretty simple to figure out. Just turn on the curcuits one at a time and then touch them with a test light. When the left signal is on only one wire on the left side will activate the test light and so on with each item. The black wire with orange tracer is standard ground colour on all Western plows and is easy to identify because it goes to everything.

4. farmerkev

farmerkev Senior Member

guess the hardest part will be figuring out the four wires on the new light.

5. farmerkev

farmerkev Senior Member

Light on plow has 5 wires. light I have to replace it only 4.... :confused: Might be an issue.