1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Light Help!!

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by schmittys, Nov 19, 2010.

1. schmittys

schmittys Junior Member
    from Alaska

Trying to get plow up and moving, but stuck with what to use to hook up the lights.

New to plowing, have older Chevy Suburban and older plow, have all the parts except the wiring harness to hook up the lights. Not sure what to get !?!?! Or what to do, am not the most fantastic mechanic but I can manage and learn. I have called a few places and they are clueless!

Any help is SOOO appreciated!

2. cotter

cotter Senior Member
    from Ohio

The simplest way would be to install a seperate switch and relay for the plow lights. Western posts their wiring schematics on their website if you would be ambitious enough to do it 'right.'
    Chad

3. Nasty-Z

Nasty-Z Senior Member

Year , make and model as well as headlight type of vehicle you are installing on would be helpful .

Also , what type of plow setup do youy have ? Unimount , conventional cable operated?

All of these answers will help to lead you in the right direction.

TOM

4. joeinflushing

joeinflushing Junior Member

Hey, I am new to this site, and not too sure on "etiquette" of the forums. Don't want to step in on responses to Schmittys question, but I am facing a similar situation. 99 Tahoe, Western Conventional plow w/rectangular headlight/turn signal combination. Plow is older...has a T handle control if that is an indication of just how old it is.I am somewhat competent in doing repairs to my vehicle(s) and grew up with Western Plows on my dads trucks. I am Not an Electrician though, and the schematics on the Western site only helped to further confuse me! I even went to our local Western dealer and they couldn't tell me what color wires (on the plow side) went to what color wires on the truck side.Any help?::confused: