1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Light Harness

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by glenn918, Oct 6, 2015.

1. glenn918

glenn918 Junior Member

I have a wiring harness I had on my 2005 Ford f150, I am installing it on a 2006 ford f150, the head light plugs are different, may be from regular bulbs to Halogen,can I spice wires to existing tuck harness or is there an adapter? don't want to buy full harness for $175 just for that, any suggestions?? HELP, Thanks ahead
  2. Doughboy12

Doughboy12 PlowSite Fanatic

Sell the old one for $100 and buy the new one = $75 and piece of mind it will not corrode on you and short out when you need it most.
  3. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

It may be possible to cut the plugs off and crimp on the correct kind but you would need to reverse engineer the system. If both the old and the new trucks are both single bulb headlights it would probably work. going from a single bulb to a two bulb (high beam and low beam bulbs on both sides) then I wouldn't recommend it. Same goes for adapting the other way from a double bulb to a single. I agree with Doughboy12. If your time is worth anything sell the old one and buy the correct harness. It may cost $175 but if you cook the isolation module it will cost a lot more.