1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

light harness trouble

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Sealer People, Oct 14, 2014.

1. Sealer People

Sealer People Senior Member

Hi everyone,

I took my 2011 f350 into the dealership for an oil change and asked them to change what appeared to be a burnt headlight.

They called me and said that there was something wrong with the wiring harness for the plow and thats whats causing the light to go out.
    when they plugged in the trucks lighting harness, everything was fine.

Anyone have or hear of this type of issue ?

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Well it could be a few things. What plow set up do you have

3. Sealer People

Sealer People Senior Member

I have a fisher plow minute mount 2
    new light style
    about a 4 year old plow.
    3 connectors in total

4. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

Isolation Module or pinched headlight harness,do you have a buddy you can swap out the module with quick?Take under a minute.

5. seville009

seville009 Senior Member
    from CNY

Have a 2011 F350 with a western ultramount mvp. Just had the headlight wiring harness for the plow replaced. Truck lights were working fine, but when i hooked up the plow to take it in for servicing last month, the plow was dead - no plow lights, controller would not work.

6. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

Start at your Isolation Module and work back,check your ground connectors,3 in total single pin connectors,if they appear connected,pull them apart and check to see the pin did not get pushed out,2 of the 3 would have been unhooked to install the new harness.

7. seville009

seville009 Senior Member
    from CNY

Thanks, but the dealer did the trouble shooting snd replacement; everything's working now. According to him, the original installer (a different dealer) had used some type of connectors that degrade over time, which was the cause.

8. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Sealer.....start by cking all the fuses. Truckside and plow side. Then start at the headlight plug, unplug the plow connector, and plug the trk connector back in a see what happens