1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Light harness question

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by WetChicken, Dec 22, 2006.

?

Should I keep the cover on my pump?

1. Keep it

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Cut it off

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. WetChicken

WetChicken Senior Member

Greetings. I just bought a used Meyer ST-7.5 for a 92 Yukon with 4 headlights.
    The harness that goes into the passenger cabin has two wires sticking out of it, which go to the solenoid. The small ring obviously goes to the coil of the solenoid, and the large ring could go on either side of the contacts. Which side, hot or switched?

Merry Christmas!

Jason

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

You didn't specify which type of controller you have but judging by your post it sound's like you have the touch pad style controller.The wire with the large ring terminal should be an orange wire.Is it? If it is then it's goes to ground at the battery.It's NOT a power wire.

3. WetChicken

WetChicken Senior Member

Sorry, I do have a handheld controller, and yes, it is an orange wire. It does look like it goes to the controller. Good thing I asked first.
    I find it strange that orange is used for ground for the controller, and orange is used to power the headlight modules.

I have been looking for a wiring diagram, but no luck yet.

Jason

Last edited: Dec 22, 2006
  4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Here you go Jason.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2007
  5. WetChicken

WetChicken Senior Member

Thanks, B&B! I am still amazed that they use orange for hot and ground.
    Do you also have one for the lights?

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Yea I might have a light harness diagram for you.What style of light setup do you have?

7. WetChicken

WetChicken Senior Member

Does the first post cover it?

8. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Well yes and no, I see your installing the plow on a 92' Yukon but I also need to know what style of plow light's you have. Nite saber's,Truck-lite's or what and if you have the actual Meyer light harness or some aftermarket type harness that hard wire's into the truck. And how many prong's are on the plow light switch...6 or 12. Let me know and I might have a diagram for you.

9. WetChicken

WetChicken Senior Member

Ahh, details I can answer. =]
    The plow lights must be night sabers. I believe I have actual Meyer wiring, since everything is neat and not crimped together.There are 3 connections on the switch, I have the modules for the headlights.

10. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Ok,I have a diagram for the Nite sabers.PM me with your email address and I'll send you the diagram. Also,do you have the correct headlight adapters for your truck?

11. WetChicken

WetChicken Senior Member

Yeah, I seem to. I have layed out the harness and everything looks good. I am impressed with the design and quality!

The previous installers didn't use any dielectric grease in connectors, and really liked crimp connectors.That is exactly opposite of what I like to do- solder and shrink wrap. If I do happen to use crimps, dielectric grease will keep that connection in good shape.

12. WetChicken

WetChicken Senior Member

I can't seem to pm you since the admins have this place locked tighter than a chastity belt, so send it to plowlightinfobb@hamsrc.com and I will close the hole after you send it.

Thanks!

Jason