1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Light harness question?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Dstosh, Nov 20, 2010.

1. Dstosh

Dstosh Senior Member

Bought a used mvp pro plus (3 Port Iso) It had all wiring for a for a ford. I need to install it on a dodge. Do I have to buy a whole new harness to get the right light plugs or can I splice new light plugs into the old ones?

I think I need part number 29050 If I need a whole new harness? Is this correct?

Thanks!

2. mhagen49

mhagen49 Junior Member

If the two trucks have the same headlight bulb number. then yes the harness from the ford will work. i did the same thing two years ago taking a plow from a ford and putting it on a dodge and didnt need to buy a new harness.

3. DSLL

DSLL Senior Member

The headlights are not the same. Dstosh and I were working on it last night. The dodge has the, I want to say, 9007 bulbs, the ones that are flat on one side and round on the other.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2010
  4. mhagen49

mhagen49 Junior Member

what year is the ford? yes the dodge is a 9007 bulb

5. DSLL

DSLL Senior Member

Off 2008 SD

6. mhagen49

mhagen49 Junior Member

i just looked up the bulb number for the sd looks like they changed them. he should only need the light harness then. everything else should be ok. sorry i couldn't help

7. cubicinches

cubicinches PlowSite.com Addict

If the stuff came off from a 2008 Super Duty, you'll need a different isolation module as well... 29070-1

8. Dstosh

Dstosh Senior Member

Ok, So we'll need a new iso box and new b and c harnesses?

Any one want to buy that stuff for a ford?

9. cubicinches

What year Dodge are you working on? 2003 as in your signature?

10. Dstosh

Dstosh Senior Member

Yes. 2003 Dodge 2500

11. cubicinches

Then, yes... you need a 29050 harness kit, or at least the 28930 plug in harness from that kit, and a 29070-1 iso module.

12. Dstosh

Dstosh Senior Member

Thanks!- I'll be glad to get this one together

I'll get the plug in harness- that way I'll save some of the wiring that I already have

Last edited: Nov 21, 2010
  13. SOLONDRIFTER

SOLONDRIFTER Junior Member

Similar problem (and I can't find where it says "new thread." Anyone?)
    I have a used SnoWay ST, the light harness was for 2 headlight Tacoma. Connectors look like " | - | ", relay is Potter and Brumfield T92S11D22-12. I have a 98 S10 4 headlight with daytime running lights. 2 Pin connectors on each light. Is any of this adaptable? What do I need. Anyone want to swap.

14. cubicinches

Go to User CP. Under Forum Jump, pick the forum you want to post on from the drop down list and click on it. Click the New Thread button in the upper lefthand corner.

And I don't know anything about Snow way plows. ;)

15. SOLONDRIFTER

SOLONDRIFTER Junior Member

Got it. Thanks. Now, about those lights ...