1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Light harness harness question

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by RobbieB, Nov 20, 2008.

1. RobbieB

RobbieB Senior Member

I am told I need to get an adaptor to put the plow set up on my 05 F250 that was removed from my 00 Excursion. I haven't had much luck getting ahold of the guy at the place that installed the plow originally on the Scurge. I did talk to him a little bit back and he said there is a harness needed for the headlights, some kind of adaptor. He told me that he needed a code off of the lights which is HB3 DOT HB4. By the time I got the code and called him back, 15 minutes, he was gone and no one else knew what he was talking about. Anyone know of this?

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Robbie, it sounds like you looked at the plow lights, not the trucks headlights...which is what you need the adapters for.

Your '05 F250 will have either the H11 (composite) or 2B (sealed beams) style lights. In which case you'll need either light adapters p/n MSC04599 for the 2B's....or MSC08839 for the H11 composites.. this is assuming you have a 13 pin plow harness.

If it's an 11 pin you'll need a different set of p/n's.