1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Light guys need help.

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by terrapro, Dec 8, 2009.

1. terrapro

terrapro PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

My running lights are not working on my flatbed with those basic universal taillights. Everything else works but the running lights and yes the front lights work. i have no idea what the wiring id suppose to be and can't find directions online.

Any ideas for me, snow is coming in about an hour.
  2. terrapro

terrapro PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

After some trouble shooting I found I am not getting any power back to the running lights. I need to run a new wire I am assuming but where do I look to hook it up to?
  3. 02powerstroke

02powerstroke PlowSite.com Addict

If the power is the problem hunt around the bed till you find where the power comes in and fallow it back toward the front chances are it wore there or a connecter broke between the front and back.
  4. snow game

snow game Senior Member
    from RI

If its not already fixed, you should check the fuses. I sure you already did, but the GM's have fuses in the cab and under the hood (they also have fuses for the trailer connections) some models have fuses for marjer light on cab and marker lights for rear. Good luck!