1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Light for Salter

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by JeepCreepn01, Dec 9, 2007.

1. JeepCreepn01

JeepCreepn01 Senior Member
    from Ohio

i got a SnoEx 575 and wanna add a light so i can see when the salter stop throwing salt, anybody wire a light up to theirs or a similar spreader? just wondering how you wired the light? like did you use some dis-connects or what
    Thanks

2. Dailylc

Dailylc Senior Member

I use the the 7way trailer plug hot and ground to run a light. You can either run it on all the time or put a switch between the plug and light to turn it off/on when using the spreader.

Hope this helps. It beats running wire from the front of the truck to the back. I also run the Snow ex 575.

James

3. groundbreakers

groundbreakers Senior Member

yes its easy ive wired mine to come on at the same time the salter does ... take your light mount it on the frame or spreader .. then take your postive wire connect it to the positive side of your motor and negative wire from your light to the negative side of the motor .. PRESTO ... your turn on your spreader and your light turns on too ... thats the way i did it .

4. JeepCreepn01

JeepCreepn01 Senior Member
    from Ohio

thanks never really thoguht of those two, so thats why i asked!:salute: