1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Light Extenstions

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by sefh, Jan 29, 2009.

1. sefh

sefh Senior Member

I have a Meyer 7.5 and E60 pump on a 99 F250. My issue is when I raise my blade all the way up it covers my lights. Does anyone know if they make extension to raise these up a few inches? I was thinking of making my own but would like to see what they look like first.

2. sefh

sefh Senior Member

BTW it's a Classic Mount system.

3. Snowaway

Snowaway Senior Member

I spent about 800 dollers to buy / install plow lights on my truck same deal. Now I see why the last owner didn't bother. Why the h@%# did they build them like that.

:gunsfiring::dizzy:

4. 04sd

04sd Senior Member
    from pa

Go to a welding shop and have them cut two pieces 2" long of 3" x 4", 1/4" wall tubing. Drill a 1/2" hole top and bottom, two 1/2" x 2" bolts, and you now have to 4" spacers to raise your lights.

5. sefh

sefh Senior Member

Great Idea. I'll be off to the shop tomorrow. Thanks

6. tjctransport

tjctransport PlowSite.com Addict

or do what i do, and don't lift the plow all the way up.
    there is no reason to have the cutting edge 2 feet off the ground.

7. Snowplow71

Snowplow71 Senior Member

I'm thinking meyer makes them? I bought a 8ft Commercial Poly and it has the risers for the lights.

8. Kenyou

Kenyou Senior Member

When your plow is that high you are blocking all the air to your radiator. Mine over heats if I keep it that high. It sometime comes in handy when it is really cold out though.

9. sefh

sefh Senior Member

MIne doesn't overheat. I keep it angled and it's fine.

10. sefh

sefh Senior Member

I found this metal laying around this morning so this is what I did. It's 4'' extensions. I hope it's high enough but I will find out when it's dark.

DSC05216 (Medium).JPG

DSC05217 (Medium).JPG