1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

light duty plow for my 3.9-6cyl 95 dakota

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by theoleskeeter, Dec 10, 2009.

1. theoleskeeter

theoleskeeter Junior Member

I just bought an older 6'6" meyers plow about 6 years old. the wireing is so so and no control device, it looks in good condition, but it seems a bit heavy it came off a tractor of some kind and I'm not sure I want to use it after all ( seems like a waste of time to me ) although there is no rust on any of the cylinders. I paid $300. for it and I have to buy the wire plow side and truck side and the meyers push plates. is there a better way guy's? please help as I'm new at this.
  2. Rubicon 327

Rubicon 327 Senior Member

I would think it will depend on how handy you are and what you can do to save yourself some money.

If you can't do any of the work yourself then you may be better off looking for a complete set up for your vehicle. First off you need to find out exactly what the rest of the parts are going to cost you plus labor if you can't do it yourself and go from there.

I'd be a little concerned as to what model plow you actually have and how was it fitted to a tractor? was it altered at all to fit the tractor? you might be in for more work and $$$$ than if you bought a mostly complete set up used from someone that you know will work with your truck.

I imagine more people will pop in and give some better advice than I have!

Good Luck and Welcome!:waving: