1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Light dusting = 4+" of snow Frederick, Md

Discussion in 'Weather' started by mickman, Feb 7, 2007.

1. mickman

mickman Senior Member

I was surprised to see Tuesday that Frederick County MD. wasn't issued an weather advisory, but most of Md was. I went to bed around midnight, & it had been snowing a couple of hrs. with a mere coating. Radar showed whole storm going mostly south into the Virgina's. Woke up {luckily} around 3am & it was coming down hard, with 3+'' on the ground. I checked radar, & this little micro burst was hammering Frederick. The snow was so dry & fluffy that I'm sure at 5-6" snow. I am in no way complaining....:jester:

2. mike33

mike33 Senior Member

Buying wiz top & hat (g)/(t)

Your lucky Cumberland had 1.5" , LaVale 2-3, and Frostburg 3"
    Mike

3. mickman

mickman Senior Member

Hey Mike,
    It's looking good for a big storm next Tues. & Weds. The way they're talking, we might be measuring by the foot.Check out capitalweather.com

They're saying the next couple of weeks looks like below temps. & above precip.:D

4. mike33

mike33 Senior Member

Bobcatservice

That would be nice for next week. I was looking at you company name. I belong to an organazation called Royal Order Of Jesters.
    Mike

5. mickman

mickman Senior Member

Well, it was a no-brainer being my name is Mike "JESTER". I drew a jester chasing after his mower....& the rest is history.:jester:

6. columbiaplower

columbiaplower Senior Member

in howard county we got about 2 inches. not a bad storm to deal with, this week looks good for us

-Nick

1.jpg

7. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

We got to put in a couple of hours plowing in columbia. Then dropped some salt. Not really worth the time but its better than nothing.