1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Light Bars, Back racks, etc

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by coral, Sep 27, 2008.

1. coral

coral Senior Member

Hey all, i am in the market for several new light bars for for the trucks, i want something unique, just curious if you guys have pic you would share of your light bar set ups. thanks

2. larryhd

larryhd Senior Member
    from vermont

3. ColliganLands

ColliganLands PlowSite.com Addict

i just got a 55 inch whelen led liberty Amber Bar with 14 leds/takedowns/and alleys with a PCCS9N control box for it. i am going to mount it to my back rack once the rain stops.... pics and videos to come

4. coral

coral Senior Member

love the light bars, what about mounting racks>? everyone uses back racks, anyone know where to get custom ones?

5. KubotaJr

KubotaJr Senior Member

heres my bar from last season, worked out great but ended up selling it to pay bills.

lightbar 1.jpg

6. LawnProLandscapes

LawnProLandscapes PlowSite.com Addict

my new setup, very simple and affordable and do the job just fine... i built the mounts for this myself didnt feel like dishing a 100 bucks out to back rack for 10 dollars worth of material. i used to have a mini edge on a backrack and i made that mount as well in under an hour. the strobe beacons are STAR 255 tc's with quad or dual flash, very good lights with a friendly price tag.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. kitn1mcc

kitn1mcc Senior Member

my truck
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

my freinds
    [​IMG]

8. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff PlowSite.com Addict

9. coral

coral Senior Member

i would love to run red lights but it is not legal in michigan for plowing, only ff and police, i think red trucksa and red lights would be great

10. newlooklandscp

newlooklandscp Senior Member
    from Midwest

whelen mini liberty led. I have 3 of them.

HPIM0988.jpg

11. tom_mccauley

tom_mccauley Senior Member

Tried taking pics of my lights but..... the duct tape broke and my wife and kids dropped their flashlights and ran in ten different directions. Go figure!!!!!!

(Last seen heading south on I 69 running. if found please return to local animal shelter)

Last edited: Sep 29, 2008
  12. scitown

scitown Senior Member

Hey guys with backrack and full size light bars...Will the normal full size lightbar bracket fit the MX 7000? Or do I have to get the seperate beacon mounts and make it work? I was going to open another thread but I think you guys would know best. Thanks

13. scitown

scitown Senior Member

I have seen a ton of guys in northern Newengland running the two beacon setup. I like it. It's nice and clean looking and gives you 360 coverage just fine. Wish I saw it before I sunk money into a full size clunky lightbar. They are probably bright without drawing a ton of amps too...Darn

14. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

Hey Coral, welcome to the site, just do a search on "Light Bars" and you'll get a million responces :nod: we maybe not a million but you know what I mean.

15. Mysticlandscape

Mysticlandscape Senior Member

Where do you get the mini's an what do they cost

16. ColliganLands

give matt (blue line ent) a call and he'll set you up with whatever you want. his prices are really good and he'll get your light for you really fast.
    hope that helps,
    Kyle

17. F250 Boss v

F250 Boss v Senior Member

Nice set-up you have there! I really like my Whelen Mini LED too!

18. Mysticlandscape

Mysticlandscape Senior Member

I was with him for a bit today didn't even think to ask him

19. ColliganLands

he just set me up with a full size liberty led fully loaded 14 leds alleys takedowns and the pcc29np controller for a good amount under 2 grand.

20. KubotaJr

KubotaJr Senior Member

Everyone in town will see you coming kyle!