1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Light Bar

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by snowman79, Dec 31, 2008.

1. snowman79

snowman79 Senior Member
    from MidWest

we are looking to purchase light bars for two of our trucks. They will be mounted on back Racks

We like the pancake/low profile bars. I have no clue what to look for, whats good, whats not, what kind of options i should look for or a good place to get em. Not looking for a full width bar mostly just a mini. What would you all suggest?

2. ColliganLands

ColliganLands PlowSite.com Addict

3. My bowtie

My bowtie Senior Member

Just picked up Whelen Responder from www.fleetsafety.com They had the best prices for that bar. Mounting mine on a backrack also.......ussmileyflag

4. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

5. My bowtie

My bowtie Senior Member

Same light at fleetsafety is $289 with free shipping.......

6. snowman79

snowman79 Senior Member
    from MidWest

colligan im not sure what all that means. Ive never really dealt with emergency lighting or anything. But since we have expanded this year to a lot of commercial stuff we are seeing the need for a nice light bar. Anyone one have some pictures or videos of their bars lit up

7. ColliganLands

ColliganLands PlowSite.com Addict

well i have the full size liberty bar whelen
    alley lights are spot light on the side of the bar and tkae down lights are spot lights on the front
    they help to see whats going on around you
    for mini bars id recommend the whelen responder if your not looking to spend alot
    the whelen mini justice is the median
    or the whelen mini liberty higher priced
    these are all led
    there are other brands like code3, federal signal who also make good bars
    there are some videos of my set up here: http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=65656

8. Fiafighterdude

Fiafighterdude Senior Member
    from ME

go for whelen and/or sho-me

9. Ford445

Ford445 Senior Member
    from Vermont

Spend some time, and go to Whelen's website or strobesnmore etc. and look around. If you dont know anything about lights you can learn a bit from the manufacturer's or dealer's website.