1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

light bar

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Daveyo, Dec 8, 2007.

1. Daveyo

Daveyo Member
    from 6

2. Duncan90si

Duncan90si Senior Member

I've used them before and they are a nice mini bar for the money. Cheap price, yet effective and good looking.
  3. Daveyo

Daveyo Member
    from 6

thanks for the response, I think I'll order one.
  4. ultimate plow

ultimate plow PlowSite.com Addict
    from N. IL

Order from ebay. Get the fast speed rotators for no extra fee, at only $89. The guy has them for sale all the time. Type "code 3 light" and look for the mini 420 with HI SPEED.
  5. Daveyo

Daveyo Member
    from 6

Found it thanks, saved a lot of money!
  6. erty67

erty67 Member
    from RI

I've been thinking about the same light. Anyone know if the magnetic mounts are removable to make it a perma-mount? I want to buy magnetic now, but will probably end up getting a back rack. I'm wondering if I should just buy the perma-mount now.
  7. xtreem3d

xtreem3d PlowSite.com Addict

i have one of these lights on a truck and it's pretty bright at night, kinda noisy up on the roof. i think if you take off the lens you can remove the magnet bolts
  8. erty67

erty67 Member
    from RI

Thanks. I may just get the rack 1st. I'm debating between this code 3 and the Whelen Guardian™ Rotator Mini Lightbar for about the same price.
  9. Krieger91

Krieger91 Senior Member

I don't have a mini-rotator, but I have a 23" LED lightbar that is magnetically mounted. It has 4, 50-pound magnets. I leave it on my truck all the time, without any problems. I didn't perma-mount it, either, I just kinda ran the wire through one of the doors and hid is as good as possible..

Don't see why you couldn't take the magnets off, or just drill and run bolts through the magnets and all.
  10. akplowman

akplowman Junior Member

Stay away from mechanical rotators, the motors go out frequently. I have strobes and mini led bars on all of my snow equipment. The mini LED bars are great they are programmable with 7 different patterns and variable speeds.
    I have Code 3, 4 rotator light bars on 2 of my sweepers because they came stock and every year I have to replace at least 2 of the for rotators.
  11. BMWSTUD25

BMWSTUD25 Senior Member

as far as a lightbar like that I love my Star Mini lightbar....cost is around a hundred bucks new and you can either do a direct mount/magnetic mount or a hardwire/plug in. Works good and very durable. No problems with mine in 4 years and now its on my skid. I also bought that one used.