1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

light bar ??

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by raptorman03, Nov 6, 2005.

1. raptorman03

raptorman03 Senior Member

OK guys a I have a mini light bar on my 92 Chevy that mounts with the magnets but it scratches the truck. On my new 05 i don't want that to happen what kinda set up do you think i should go with? To me lights are important for safety. But i dont want to tear my trucks roof up.

2. groundbreakers

groundbreakers Senior Member

raptorman03 - easily solved .... black duct tape ... worked for me ... or electrical tape ... actually what i did is that i went to my local police equipment installers .. and the one installers dipped my magnets in liquid rubber .. and let them dry .. worked great the magnets still stuck solid and no scratches .... so check with your local installers and see if they can do it ...

3. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

Go with a Back Rack and bolt it down with lock nuts, you can take the whole setup off for the summer if you like.

Regards Mike

4. raptorman03

ahhhhh i have some of that stuff now Great Ideal

5. raptorman03

what kinda back brack

6. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

Nolan a Back Rack is the brand name for a rack to protect the back of the cab and the drivers head from something in the bed of the truck. There are several kinds out there, I like the look of a back rack myself. They cost about $ 250.00 and can install in about 5 mins.

Good Luck Mike

7. genrock

genrock Member

Bet you never thought of this but here we go for those without options. Steal some of your wifes panty hose and wrap the magnets with them. This is a cheap a$$ way of going about it but what the hey. BTW this is not what I have lol my trucks so old you wouldnt notice any scratches. I call them beauty marks.

8. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

Find a CB shop (truck stop maybe) or a Ham radio store. The make self adhesive rubberised protector discs to stick to the underside of magnet mount antennas for Ham radio guys- they work just as well for light bars!

9. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

I use black duct tape also. Works great.