1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

light bar

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by wils5150, Dec 17, 2013.

1. wils5150

wils5150 Member
    from mass

I am curious what color does everybody like for there lightbar? I cant decide between clear or amber. I am in Massachusetts anyone aware of laws regarding the color?
    thanks

2. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Why not do clear and amber?

3. wils5150

wils5150 Member
    from mass

I am looking at the Whelen Mini Century Super LED Lightbar it only comes in amber. The other one I am looking at is the Axixtech MB30 Mini LED Lightbar. that comes in amber/clear combo.

4. maxwellp

maxwellp PlowSite.com Addict

Clear and Amber - I have one from mcgreen-sales this thing is very bright. Easy to see in the day and lots of different flash patterns.

5. wils5150

wils5150 Member
    from mass

i ended up ordering the whelen mini century it all amber. If I decide to do stobes i will do clear.

6. citywide

citywide Junior Member

Clear/White led or strobes are not legal in MA

7. wils5150

wils5150 Member
    from mass

good to know. although everybody uses them.

8. Triton2286

Triton2286 Senior Member

As long as your not running them on the roads you can use whatever color you want.

9. eastcoastjava

eastcoastjava Senior Member
    from Boston

Amber hideaways in the truck i am in, my fathers dpw truck has clear hideaway strobes but his truck has the high and mighty blue plate. Don't really understand why everyone runs clear they drive me nuts, i hate using lights in general though

10. SnowGuy73

Should be if you're on private property.

11. SnowGuy73

http://www.sirennet.com/whmc16.html

12. citywide

citywide Junior Member

You are correct on Private Property you can do pretty much any color you want.

13. absolute

absolute Junior Member

I run mostly amber, my f550 i just put on the road has 6 surface mount led all amber, all amber mini bar and amber clear dash light. i wouldn't run clear strobes, they drive you nuts in the snow.