1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

light bar wont push forward

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by plow hard, Nov 27, 2012.

1. plow hard

plow hard Junior Member
    from land o

The first time putting plow on for year I have the 7'6" boss super duty straight blade and when i am lined up and push the light bar forward to hook it up it wont push up to get the pins to lock in. Its like something is holding it from going up like the hydralics or something. it doesnt look like anything is hitting. the light bar only goes up a couple inches and stops. seems like the ram is holding it from going up from the storage postion. any help what to try
  2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

In float? Make sure the truck didn't roll back. The hooks need to be right up there or if you try and lock in it won't catch. Make the pins are all the out to and the levers and in the correct position.
  3. ihdriver7088

ihdriver7088 Senior Member

is the plow sitting down hill and the truck pointing up hill???
  4. plow hard

plow hard Junior Member
    from land o

I have the pins all set it kinda does feel like the ram is not in float but i hooked the wires up and moved it but the up and down ram just sounds like the pump just runs but doesnt move but side to side will move the rams and plow doesnt make sense
  5. plow hard

plow hard Junior Member
    from land o

The truck is in the garage and on cement
  6. 91AK250

91AK250 PlowSite.com Addict

have you tried by hand? half the time i forget about the smart hitch and just push the tower into lock by hand.
  7. plow hard

plow hard Junior Member
    from land o

I dont have the smart switch you have to push the bar forward by hand. I think it is held up by the up and down ram. can it be something with the rams oil from sitting all summer the plow sits in garage and there is no oil on floor. if I just plug the power plugs in should that ram move if i try the control

SHAWZER PlowSite.com Addict

Like grandview said, are you in float with the power on?
  9. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

are the CHAINS loose....
  10. chipsbs

chipsbs Junior Member
    from Jenison

Re: Light Bar not going forward?

Wondering if you ever got an answer to this question? If not I have had the same thing happen and noticed that after releasing plow from truck that I needed to prop the light bar in strait up position. Otherwise it relaxes forward and will not go back unless I release the Up/ram pin and actually put a jack under the plow and lift it up until I can insert the pin again. New to this plow it was all trial and error. But it worked.
    Maybe that will help