1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Light Bar to high

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by DJ Contracting, Nov 29, 2005.

1. DJ Contracting

DJ Contracting PlowSite.com Addict

Ok i have used my Boss plow now for three events and my only complaint is the plow lights and light bar are to high i find my self trying to look around the lights and over the light bar when i get close to an object or at the end of a push, maybe i'm just used to my Western plow. Am i the only one or are there more out there?

2. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

nope, my ford sits pretty high so i can barely see the light bar when the plow is on. since the chevies sit lower the light bar is going to stick up. not much you can do.

3. bgingras

bgingras Senior Member

Try plowing when you have a fisher with the headlight raised another 5" above stock because the moldboard is so tall.

4. JTW

JTW Senior Member

Body lift!

5. Chris-R

Chris-R Senior Member

No problems here and I have a GMC Sierra 2500HD

6. bgingras

bgingras Senior Member

For some reason the top of the headgear on my MM1 sits at face level. the top of the moldbard comes just under the lights. The headgear on my MM has been modified with a 5" riser on both sides, although it looks like it was that way from Fisher, welds look solid and the paint matches exactly, plus the metal is formed perfectly. It's the only headgear I've seen like it though.

7. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

I added a 3" spacer block to my Meyer lights, couldn't see them over the hood.

8. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

No prob here either, love the BOSS:redbounce :) :redbounce

9. DJ Contracting

DJ Contracting PlowSite.com Addict

I didn't say that don't like the plow it works great however my only complaint is the light bar, anyway i'll get used to it.