1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Light bar that has flood and alley lights?

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by NWanner, Oct 7, 2011.

1. NWanner

NWanner Member

New to the plowing game, just looking for a simple light bar that has flood and alley lights for auxiliary lighting. Any suggestions on where to start looking?

2. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

The whelen mini edge is pretty common for those with guys that plow. Just flip the bar around backwards and you have rear work lights. The bar is a strobe bar. Personally I don't like the flash back of strobes when its snowing real bad so I opt for leds or rotators.

Otherwise the whelen mini lfl bar. Its led half the thickness of the edge and you get the same options. They may still make it in strobe aswell, but I am not sure. Hope these help. If you have any questions just ask.

3. BossPlow2010

BossPlow2010 PlowSite.com Addict

What kind of truck is it going on? And how much would you like to spend?
    Because whelen has a nice 48" LB with alleys, TD's, and work, and then the other modules. It might be a 52" though.

4. NWanner

NWanner Member

Not to keen on the strobes. I mean I wouldn't mind a set of ambers, but I'd want the flood and alley lights to be solid.

1500 ext cab and not a whole lot as I'm working on a limited budget. I'll check out the whelen products though, thanks guys.

5. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

6. BossPlow2010

BossPlow2010 PlowSite.com Addict

Get a couple Par 36 lights. And put them on a back rack.

Check this out
    http://www.whelen.com/_AUTOMOTIVE/details_prod.php?head_id=12&cat_id=74&prod_id=469#

7. NWanner

NWanner Member

Hmm, sounds very budget minded. Definitely something to consider.

8. THEGOLDPRO

You can pick up a whelen edge for under 200 bucks all day.

9. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

The whelen edge and lfl bars all have seperate alley and takedowns. The lfls are leds the edges are strobes.

10. JK-Plow

JK-Plow Senior Member

The Whelen Justice both full and mini can be purchased with take downs and alley lights. These lights can either be the M11's or LED lights. A local hospital security police have the mini Justice with both alley and take downs. The full size generally comes with both. The bars are LED light bars.

11. 7d9_z28

7d9_z28 Senior Member

Code3 MX7000. 48", two tier, many many many option/upgrades/setups. mine has amber domes, 4 rotators (soon 5) and the bottom has 4 front work lights, 1 alley on each side, and intersection sweep lights. i bought it for 89 bucks on evilbay. mine also has an arrowstick built into the back (which i often use more than the rest of the lightbar) but you can find them with work lights or flashers in the lower back. Thumbs Up

12. THEGOLDPRO

Too bad the code3 is the ugliest lightbar ever made by any company in the entire world.

I almost puke everytime i see one of these outdated 1980's bars still being used today.
    [​IMG]

13. 7d9_z28

7d9_z28 Senior Member

everyone is entitled to their own opinion, i dont believe the OP wanted YOUR opinion on how a light looks, they asked about cheap lightbars that have aux. lighting. exactly what the mx7000 is. besides, the edge was out in the 80s, the mx7000 came out in the 90s. glad you did your research before insulting my light :)

14. gtstang462002

gtstang462002 Senior Member

I agree, I have the whelen edge 9M series (towmaster series) on my truck. I think that it is one of the best looking bars for my setup to date. However it sould like it is out of your budget, unless you can find a good deal on craigslist.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2011
  15. THEGOLDPRO

Guess it shows Whelen is just a better company with more style then code3. Kind of a shame considering they had years to make a decient looking bar and still fell short of whelen.

16. 7d9_z28

7d9_z28 Senior Member

Yes the edge is a great light if you want a big box on your roof, and besides, the OP already said they were not too keen on strobes, so your edge is OUT

17. THEGOLDPRO

You think he would rather have 10 loud rotators shaking the roof of the truck pulling 50 amps rather then a few strobes?

18. THEGOLDPRO

What i gather from this post is he doesn't mind the strobes if they are amber, And for some reason thought that the flood and alley lights would be flashing and not steady burn.

19. 7d9_z28

7d9_z28 Senior Member

Many people prefer rotators over strobes. Like me for example. Either way, this isnt a topic about your opinion. Seems like everywhere i go on these forums i see you posting negative stuff and other members unhappy with you. Good luck with all that

20. NWanner

NWanner Member

Correct, looking for a steady light and not flash/strobe. Thank you for the input guys, just keep it friendly haha.