1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Light bar switch won't work

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Chevy/GMC, Jan 14, 2011.

1. Chevy/GMC

Chevy/GMC Member

I went to unhook my plow last night. I did the usual put in float ,drop the stand, release lockpins, then flip the switch on the light bar up to relaease the pins. Nothing happened.
    I checked to make sure I was in float mode and yes i was. Try'd again and no go. So i ended up just pushing back on the light bar and then it released the pins. But I still didn't have power to the switch to bring back up the light bar to lock the pins back in.
    I try'd looking through the maual and i didn't see anything in the trouble guid section.
    Any clue as to what happened?

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Take the pump cover off and make sure the wires are connected. There could be a issue with the wiring for your float operation. Basically it shows your plow in float but its actually not. Is there anyway you can try a friends controller? Just a thought.
  3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Count the pins in the plow side plug, should make it to thirteen. If not, you're missing the one for the pump activation through the Smart Hitch switch. When you lose a pin it's almost always that one.
  4. jwang203

jwang203 Junior Member

I had this problem all year last year, dealer could not find my problem. I replaced the switch the new updated style and nothing. Finally joined the forum and this was my problem! Thanks
  5. gpshemi

gpshemi Member

Snapped a pin on mine last year and lost power too.