1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Light Bar Repair

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by Dan85, Feb 7, 2015.

1. Dan85

Dan85 Senior Member

Was hoping for some insight into repairing my light bar. I have a Star brand light bar (model 9100) on my company truck. One of my coworkers took my truck and managed to catch the bar on a low hanging object and completely severed the wires at the base of the bar.

I need to solder the wires back together, however after looking over the unit, it seems like a sealed product - much like a headlight housing. Any thoughts? Seem like a possible repair or am I SOL?

Thanks

2. Too Stroked

Too Stroked Senior Member

I see you're in Buffalo. Star's main manufacturing facility is a little over an hour away from you in Avon, NY. They have a great Customer Service department there. You might want to try calling them. They're very good to work with. Or, you could hop in your truck and drive it over if you want. The Customer Service entrance is on the north side of the building.

3. Dan85

Dan85 Senior Member

I forgot they were local, thanks for the info. That might be a good plan B if I can't get some new connections wired in. I was able to get some of the wiring boot off so I might be able to attach some new butt connectors.