1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

light bar problems

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by thundercat99, Dec 13, 2004.

1. thundercat99

thundercat99 Senior Member

I have a federal signal jet stream light bar got it on ebay wiring was a little screwy everthing works but the work light selector witch is a 3 position switch yellow red green yellow works turns on the center flasher after that
    green blows the inline fuse its a 40amp maxi

I dont know what the selector switch does to begin with

the controler is a fs400
    compartment lights work
    takedown work
    right and left work
    work lights work
    center rotatoer works

I cant find a wiring diagram to trouble shoot need help

i realy want to know how the switch works and what it does
  2. thundercat99

thundercat99 Senior Member

still need help

still havent figured it out yet
  3. Boast Enterpris

Boast Enterpris Senior Member

That three position swith is kinda like a persuit mode. First stop= 1 set of lights / Second stop= first stop lights+ 1 more set / third stop = first stop + second stop lights + 1 more set. When the switch is all the way over to the righ, you should have three different sets of lkight working. I think with that controller there should be seperat switches for your right & left work lights and a seperate switch for your takedowns. Maybe 2 extras after that. I hope this helps.