1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Light Bar on Cab Shield

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by JPMAKO, Dec 10, 2006.

1. JPMAKO

JPMAKO Senior Member

Who has em and how did you mount em?
    I am talking about on top of a dump truck cab shield by the tarp roller instead of on the roof of the vehicle..

Just looking for ideas so any input would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jason

2. BillyRgn

BillyRgn Senior Member

helped do one on a buddy of mine's truck, the only tip i have is to get plenty of wire. so the dump still works, you have to run the wires from the cab all the way down the truck frame to the taillights and the back up the beds frame toward the cab and to the light bar, takes a real lot of wire

3. Jpocket

Jpocket Senior Member

Mount your light on the cab protector, then run your wires through a tube along the inside rails that support the body. Then just wire into a hot wire in your tail lights.

4. crazymike

crazymike Senior Member
    from Toronto

you will still need to run a switch

5. forestfireguy

forestfireguy PlowSite.com Addict

Only if you want to be able to turn on your headlights without the lightbar.:dizzy: , Anyway most lightbars(not minis) have controls for things like alley lights and take down lights, if it's strobe there is the strobe pack wiring and if it's rotators you definitley need a relay.

6. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

I got one. Here is the only pic I got of it now. Real old pic of the truck and bobcat. And yes thats my goofy butt sitting in my bobcat. Sean the guy that usually runs it smack into the side of my truck (23 hours straight at this point for him) so I threw him out and put him in the truck. While I ran the skid loader. He finally put our camera to good use.

lightbar2.jpg

7. Heron Cove PM

Heron Cove PM Senior Member

8. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member