1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Light Bar For Sale

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by mr_plow_man, Oct 8, 2006.

1. mr_plow_man

mr_plow_man Junior Member
    from pa

Fairly new federal signal 48" jet sonic lightbar, 4 rotators, 2 diamond mirrors between rotators, alley lights, take downs, rear flashers. 8 ft of cord, mounting feet and brackets.

SORRY NO PICTURE ( dont know how to put it on here )

it all works great

email me at kellersealcoat@aol.com
  2. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

How much are you looking to get. I can post a pic for you if you would like.
  3. OneBadDodge06

OneBadDodge06 Senior Member
    from Iowa

I got a dumb ? and I'm not tryin to hijack your threat but do some of those big lightbars have magnets?
  4. emayer23

emayer23 Senior Member

i dont think those large light bars would be magnetic to much wiring involved and youd would last long on your roof if so very expensive well atleast for me they are
  5. John O.

John O. Member

what is the cost of the lightbar
  6. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

No magnets for full-size lightbars
  7. Detroitdan

Detroitdan PlowSite.com Addict

how much for the lightbar? Does it have the chain driven rotators or individual? The one I had was chain driven so all the rotators had to work together, but that was pretty old. Does it have the big ugly speaker housing in the middle, or is it all lens?
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2006
  8. Detroitdan

that's what he means when he says mounting feet and brackets. It means it sits on the feet and the brackets grip onto the window channel or in the door opening.
  9. OneBadDodge06

OneBadDodge06 Senior Member
    from Iowa

Well I knew that but I wasn't sure if there were other types that had just magnets instead of brackets holding it to the roof.
  10. Detroitdan

yup, some of them do have magnets, but I've never seen it done on a full size bar. 48" of wind resistance would likely be too much for four 90 lb magnets. I suppose you could take the pads off the feet and mount magnets there, but I wouldn't want to drive it on the highway.
  11. Kosty

Kosty Member

how much and do u have pictures