1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Light Bar Bulbs?

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Lil'PlowinMan93, Dec 9, 2008.

1. Lil'PlowinMan93

Lil'PlowinMan93 Senior Member

One of my buddies i know has a police bar that he isn't using.... Can you change the bulbs in it to make it just amber and white? :confused:

2. bharry20

bharry20 Senior Member

usually it's not the bulbs that determin color it is the filter or dome that is the part that is has color. what kind of bar? name brand, rotator, strobe, or led?

3. Lil'PlowinMan93

Lil'PlowinMan93 Senior Member

I think it's a whelen. Not totally sure. And it's a strobe. but now that i think of it, the lexan on the outside that covers it is also colored. I guess ill have to ask my buddy who works at my service dept. if he's got any off of old trucks.

4. bharry20

bharry20 Senior Member

i will bet on it being a clear bulb on the inside, and the lexan as you refer to it, is the filter. just get those in the color you want and you will be good to go.