1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Light Bar Alternative to Backrack

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by john boardman, Dec 8, 2006.

1. john boardman

john boardman Member

I've been looking around extensively to find something to mount my 44" lightbar to other than the backrack as I think it would take away from the clean look of my truck and found this. Plus it allows the tonneau cover to stay in place and doesn't affect it. lightningsport-reddodge.jpg

I would be mounting this on my white GMC Crew and bolting the 44" Federal Signal bar backwards to make use of takedown lights as rear spotlights for plowing and some offroad lights maybe in the summer months. Black or silver runs 229.95 and Stainless steel is 399.95. Backrack is 250.00. Anybody ever used one of these or know of someone who has?

lightningsport-reddodge.jpg

2. john boardman

john boardman Member

3. Rodd1

Rodd1 Member

I have one getting it painted they are nice but they do mount without drilling the bed but with that light bar might need to clamp better I use 2 cap clamps to hold it down a little better buy direct I got mine for 249 direct in silver

4. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

Those are cool. I have been looking into heavy duty headache racks, but i'm not sure if I want to go all out. That might be a good alternative for me.

5. john boardman

john boardman Member

My bar weighs about 50 lbs. get yours mounted and let me know how stable it is.