1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Light adjustment

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by 07 Big Horn, Dec 15, 2007.

1. 07 Big Horn

07 Big Horn Junior Member

How do I know when my lights are properly adjusted? I have made them the same height and about the same distance apart. But how high is too high and how low is too low? It is for a Sno-Way 26 with 7' 6" blade in Indiana. Thanks for your help.

2. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Pull up to a wall, Turn on the truck lights and see where they shine. Adjust the plow lights to hit the same place. Do it for low and high. Thats how I did mine.

3. 07 Big Horn

07 Big Horn Junior Member

Alright thanks, that is what I have done. I was just wanting to make sure that was all that I needed to do.

Matt

4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

The angle of the beam is sharper from your plow lights because of the height difference. if you aim it at the same place your truck lights are aimed they will be to low.

Measure the difference between the height of your truck and plow lights. Then aim the truck at a wall turn on your lights, mark a spot the same height above the trucks beams as the plow lights are higher then the trucks. Aim your plow lights there.

5. 1pfieffer1

1pfieffer1 Junior Member

The only way that has ever worked for me is to park on a flat, level surface that resembles a road and aim them so that they light up the road without blinding what would be on coming traffic. make sure your plow is up so that they are aimed correctly for when you are traveling down the road, otherwise they will be too low when you raise your plow.