1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Light adjustment problem

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by nrplowguy, Dec 23, 2012.

1. nrplowguy

nrplowguy Senior Member

So I have been noticing that my light on my plow are pointed to low..... I did the oops last year and aimed them with the plow down. I go to redo them with the plow up and the bolts just turn. I sprayed them down with some really good penetrating oil but no luck. Can I just grab the lowest part of the bolt with a vise grip and break them loose or does anyone have a better way?

2. Dodge DeBoulet

Dodge DeBoulet Junior Member

I had to get mine off with a nut splitter, then replaced them with stainless nuts and star washers.

Yeah, getting them aimed the very first time is an educational experience :D

3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

If you're not looking to open a can of worms right now, leave the lights themselves alone and make the adjustment by rotating the entire light bar on the lift tower. You can even drop down one bolt size or drill the holes larger if you need more slack than the existing light bar bolts and/or holes will allow you.

Just a tip.

4. Spool it up

Spool it up Senior Member

thats just plain ol fashion knowledge :mechanic:
    heck of an idea.
    also keep them douched

5. Dodge DeBoulet

Dodge DeBoulet Junior Member

Could've saved myself a little time with that, but I needed to have both lights pointed in the same general direction to begin with. Unfortunately, they weren't . . . :eek: