1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

lifting with plow?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by jimaug87, Feb 14, 2007.

1. jimaug87

jimaug87 Senior Member

i plan on getting another early 90's full sized blazer, had one a while ago, only with a plow this time. i lifted my old rig 4 inches with blocks and would want to again. if i got a blazer with the old stype mount, could i lift it that high? i would hopefully be doing city streets, and could stack pretty high. but will the cutting edge work properly if angled?
  2. GetMore

GetMore Senior Member

First, you didn't use blocks up front, did you? Blocks are not the right way to lift a truck, it can be dangerous.
    Second, while there is some leeway in how high the truck can be, the A-frame should be close to level when pushing snow. If you lift the truck and the A-frame is at too much of an angle you will overstress parts and break things if you catch any sort of obstruction, plus you can lose steering control.
  3. I had 4" in '89 plow blazer for years with no problems a result of lift. Best thing was, it was just heigh enough where I didnt even need to run plow lights and associated wiring! Blazers make awesome plow trucks...10" shorter than a short box pick up! Great turning radius, cheap/easy to fix. I miss mine...especially when trying to maneuver my HD around!