1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

lifting the plow is sluggish

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by snowman3725, Mar 17, 2007.

1. snowman3725

snowman3725 Junior Member

when i try to lift my plow, the pump seems to have alot of difficulty in doing so, it will only lift a few inches and you have to hold the button down forever and watch it creep up. the side to side action is fine, and the fluid level is fine also, havent had a chance to really investigate, anyone have any info on this?? :salute:

2. LON

LON Senior Member

need to do a pressure check to see if pump is set low. I had a new install once leave fine and 2 days later it wouldn't lift the blade. Somehow the pressure relief screw backed off. You can check how far off bottomed out the screw is, it should be 1-1/2 turns out.
    Lon

3. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

What kind of plow.....is there a posibility that there was just so much wet heavy snow stuck to the front of the blade that it made it heavy? That's happen to me a few times

4. Pusher Joe

Pusher Joe Junior Member

plow troubles

start with the basics.Check the oil level. Check your belt.

5. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

I thought you guys read more info then I did. What plow setup, pump, age have you check all the suggestions noted above. The manufacturer of your plow may have info on it's web site.

6. General Grounds

General Grounds Member

:redbounce what type plow is it? well doesnt matter for this what plow you have, check the packing nut on the lift cylinder, if it is too tight it will effect how it lifts.