1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Lifting Problem

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by nickv13412, Jan 29, 2009.

1. nickv13412

nickv13412 Senior Member

Ran into a problem last night

8' X-Blade/ Insta-Act

Plow lost most of its lifting power

It will lift up, but very slowly, and only if there is no extra weight on the plow...ie: snow

Plow angles at normal speed

All suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks - Nick
  2. SCG

SCG Junior Member
    from MA

Try this: On the drivers side of the pump are two screws in recessed holes. Go to the bottom hole and screw the screw all the way in and then back out two turns. Its the lift pressure relief valve. Make sure you are full on fluid !
  3. wildbl1500

wildbl1500 Senior Member

That's what I was going to suggest... Adjusting the relief valve for the lift ram. you can search Fisher's website for the recomended setting. Just look for "relief valve kit". I set mine too loose earlier this season and had the same issue. i just tightened them up to the low end of spec (didn't replace them, yet) and it was good to go.