1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Lifting my truck

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by jman8311, Mar 1, 2010.

1. jman8311

jman8311 Junior Member

hello everyone I'm new one here my name is Justin. I have an 06 f350 king ranch, i wanted to lift the truck with a 4 in lift would i be fine to leave the mounts where they and plow or will i have to have someone build a custom mount?
  2. wildbroncobilly

wildbroncobilly Member

You should be alright mine plows fine with 8" lift and the little 33"tires:eek:
  3. jman8311

jman8311 Junior Member

alrighty thanks man your truck looks bad ass
  4. WilliamOak

WilliamOak PlowSite.com Addict

Depends on the plow you have. For the boss's to mount (without putting up a fight) the MAX height your mount can be at is 15.5". Others are more lenient, however with the A frame at more of an angle it will give your blade a steeper attack angle and will trip much easier (if its a full trip vs. trip edge)
  5. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

What he said ^ plus It may not sit flat on angle and if it does the edges of the cutting edge will wear very fast. I would put the the lift on and check how the plow sits and go from there. I know with my stock suspension and 33" tires I have the mount as low as it will go and it is right in spec.
  6. jman8311

jman8311 Junior Member

I have a western wideout with the uni mount
  7. WilliamOak

WilliamOak PlowSite.com Addict

You mean ultra mount right? They dont make unimount plows anymore...
    Id wait to do the lift until this seasons over (we're still due for a few late season snows around here hopefully) and then you'll have much mroe time to modify the mount if the need arises.
  8. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Once the lift is on you will know if you need to drop the bracket
  9. jman8311

jman8311 Junior Member

Correct ultra mount I mention my mistake
  10. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

You will definately want to have the mount lowered. If not plan on replacing wing cutting edges every snowfall, not to mention how much more it will want to trip at that angle. No matter how high the truck, every plow should be level at the a-frame.