1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

lifting chevy

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by toddon22, Feb 6, 2010.

1. toddon22

toddon22 Member

i have a 04 chevy silverado 1500 and i wanna lift it a few inches. is this fairly easy to do? thinking of doing it in the spring season
  2. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

look at that kits they sell online. nothings difficult with the right tools. Are you looking to do full suspension? just body? just the front end? we need a little more info
  3. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

X2 on more info. A quality suspension kit will take every bit of 8-10 hours on a rack with proper tools and suspension experience. A cheaper kit will take longer b/c fit and finish won't be as nice.

Body lifts take a few hours.
  4. toddon22

toddon22 Member

im thinking i would like to do a full suspension lift. my truck is just too low now when i have my plow attached with everything it is just weighing it down to close to the ground. so prob full suspension
  5. 1999 GMC 1500

1999 GMC 1500 Member

why dont u just put sandbags or get timbrens for plowing
  6. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

How much are you looking to spend? That will more or less determine your options!
  7. toddon22

toddon22 Member

whatever it costs, i would reallly like to do it and not be cheap about it. quality is the way i wanna go here