1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Lifting a plow truck

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by firelt90bronco, Mar 28, 2006.

1. firelt90bronco

firelt90bronco Junior Member

I have a 1990 Ford Bronco Fullsize with a 7' 6'' unimount, can I put a 4" suspension lift on the truck? What will I have to modify?:drinkup:
  2. Donny O.

Donny O. Senior Member

problaby have to make a 'drop' for the plow mounts. i've never done it myself but here is my experiendce for giving that answer. my jeep has a 2.5" suspention lift and then I had the plow put on. if i were to raise it anymore I would have to lower my plow mounts. I know this because there have been a spot or 2 that I have gone over and my plow has come off the ground. like going into my driveway from the street it slopes down and the plow comes just off the ground until my tires go down the slope. not to mention it would put the plow at more of an angle.
  3. GripTruk

GripTruk Senior Member

bad idea, you would need to lower your mounting points to the recommended height, or your plow will lift off the ground on the side it is angled to.

A 4" suspension lift puts extra stress on the drive line and is often the cause of problems associated with steering and vibration, add a plow to this equation and you are just asking for trouble. I don't know if you are lifting the truck for looks or for off road capability (for actual use, not for the look, like the VAST majority of people who lift their trucks). In either case you need to decide which is more important to you, and equip your truck for that, either plowing or off road. Asking it to do both will compromise both.