1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

lifted truck

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by guff1972, Oct 26, 2006.

1. guff1972

guff1972 Junior Member
    from kansas

I recently purchased an 84' chevy with a 4" lift, I am wanting to mount a 7.5' plow to it.Will I have to modify the mount of will it plow ok the way it is. Also if I lenghten the A-frame would that make it work better with the lift kit.

Thanks

2. LLM Ann Arbor

LLM Ann Arbor Senior Member

Is it a body lift or a frame lift.

If its a body mod....no, if its a frame lift....maybe.

I have a 3 to 4 " body mod and have no issues. I do use a longer marker stick on the sides though as the shorties arent as visable as I need them to be.

3. guff1972

guff1972 Junior Member
    from kansas

It is a frame lift

4. LLM Ann Arbor

LLM Ann Arbor Senior Member

I dunno honestly. Four inches isn't a lot The thing Id be concerned about is the angle of the blade top to bottom. Will it trip to easy?

Im sure this has been discussed before somewhere here....have you searched?

5. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

4" is ok

You should be fine with 4" of lift. I was told that the plow pin height sould not exceed 11" from the ground or at full angle it will be off the ground. I found out from expereance I went with bigger tires after the lift and old tires wore out and had to lower my pin height.