1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Lifted truck question

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by progmc, Feb 9, 2005.

1. progmc

progmc Member

Just wondering those of you with lifted trucks how far off the ground are your mounting holes. Did you use spacers on the bracket to the frame or off the mounting holes that connect the plow to the mount if any?
  2. gt_racer50

gt_racer50 Senior Member
    from Ohio

Do a search, it's been discussed and discussed and discussed and discussed again. You will find out exactly what to do and how to do it. I'd tell you, but no one ever listens, they just keep asking and coming up with their own ideas and want to know it they will work. This is not somthing new. There is only one way to do it right.
  3. danno

danno Senior Member

I asked a post not too long ago about having a 2" lift to level the truck out. I checked my plow`s A- frame level and I`m still level. At least with my MM I setup, there is holes in the A- frame to adjust the frame to sit level. It`s on the last hole, and no problems.
  4. Nuttymopar

Nuttymopar Member
    from Vermont

After lifting my truck with a 4" lift kit. I did need to modify my plow frame so it would work properly. I left it mounted to the truck like normal but created a couple of plates that hung down 4" - 5" beyond the stock plow frame. Drilled the holes to match what was on the original frame, mounted plow, made adjustments to make sure everything worked really good, welded the plates onto the original plow frame. Basically just lowered the plow back down to where it was before. Seems to have been working just great so far this winter.