1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

lifted truck? how to fix plow angle

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Jeepjimmy, Oct 19, 2009.

1. Jeepjimmy

Jeepjimmy Member
    from ny

have an 89 jeep grand wagoneer with a 7'6 Fisher speedcast full hydro setup. has 31" tires and 4" lift springs all around. the A frame is not level at all. Trying to figure out the best way to make it level. would adding to the A frame mounting points or somehow redo the truck frame mount. it TRIPS way to easy.. especially in dirt/gravel roads. any ideas?

2. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Most guys just extend the tab on the back of the a-frame. Probably the easiest and cheapest way. Make sure you put a gusset on it.

3. GPS

GPS Senior Member
    from MA

I'd agree. Modifying the A-frame is the way to go in my opinion. As an added bonus, the mount doesn't hang really low when the plow is off.

As 2COR said, you'll need to strengthen the modification with gussets, as the load force will no longer be directly into the a-frame.

4. T&M SnowMan

T&M SnowMan Senior Member

make sure you layer weld the mounting tab extension, its better to over do it then to have your plow drop to the ground in front of you going to your next driveway...lol...and lik 2cor mentioned, make yourself a gusset ( on the thick side) and weld her up!

5. Jeepjimmy

Jeepjimmy Member
    from ny

thanks!! thats kind of what i was thinkin of doing.