1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

lifted truck, and setting attack angle on a western

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Joe92GT, Jan 15, 2004.

1. Joe92GT

Joe92GT Member

I just lifted my truck 4 inches (needed new springs and shocks). Its an 85 chevy k20. The plow is a newer style western uni-mount.

I lowered the frame to the lowest possible position, and the a-fram is at a decent angle to the ground. I know this should be parallel.

Is there anything I can do, besides remove the lift? How does the increase in attack angle effect plowing with the plow.

It seems to do just fine the way it is, but this is also my first western uni-mount.

2. Joe92GT

Joe92GT Member

Someone told me I can weld some metal stock under the mounting wings on the a-frame to lower it to the right height.

Is this the correct way to do it?
  3. Team_Yamaha

Team_Yamaha Senior Member

Both of my plow trucks are lifted a little, the 97 is up about 4" in front (6" with tires) and the 03 is up about 4.5" ( about 6.5" with tires). I took my trucks out to our welder and and told him to do what he had to to make them parallel again. He needed up basically rebuilding both brackets with 5/16" plate steel.
  4. jo2fst4u

jo2fst4u Member

I have 6 inch lift with 315's and i dont have any probs with it. my springs are tightened down a little more to help the tripping

plow truck 018.jpg