1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Lifted truck, A-frame mod

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by brad11ny, Oct 30, 2011.

1. brad11ny

brad11ny Senior Member

Has anyone made a bracket for the a-frame to lower the plow for a lifted truck? I am thinking of a bracket that would basically create a forth hole on the a-frame to make it lower to the ground.

Thanks for any help!
  2. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

2 ways to do it.

1 cut off the stock ear's and have new ones fabbed up that are taller with holes moved up and also come out to the a-frame for more reenforcement and weld them back on.

or this guy i found pics of few years ago did a simple bolt on setup. http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=66388
  3. liftedgmc05

liftedgmc05 Junior Member

just found this post but I have a lifted truck and have modified my plow by welding some plates on the a frame and it works great it is also set up so it can be converted to stock if it return to a normal truck, I used a 2 ft piece of steel that is 1/2"x6" and cut it from corner to corner to make one for each side of the a-frame then you can use 2 ft of 1.50 square tube for the jack,
  4. Lone136

Lone136 Senior Member

If you look at my profile and the pictures there you will see my Fisher plow on a my Ram that has a 6 inch lift and I run 35's. I can get better pictures if you like me too. I used 3/8 steal plate and bent the steal in the same way as the stock ears that are on the plow. I punched a new hole in the steel and weilded it place. We have a press at work that can bend up to 1/2 steal can the bend looks just like the one that was in place. The install looks stock and thats what I was going for. I'm sure bolts will work and I did build a set up that I could have used bolts, but it looked like S**t and not a clean install. Also did the same thing for a friend here in Pa and once again a happy friend and a few dollars in the old back pocket
  5. gtmustang00

gtmustang00 Senior Member
    from Berlin

Modify the A-frame like this. Any fabrication shop should be able to do it. I made mine like this and it took 4 hours to do.
  6. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

those are some good welds