1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Lifted Plow Trucks

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by dieselguy5245, Apr 21, 2010.

1. dieselguy5245

dieselguy5245 Senior Member
    from mass.

Im curious to see if anyone uses trucks to plow that are lifted.

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

3. dieselguy5245

from mass.

Thanks, but i just clicked on the link and it didnt work.

4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

go to search and enter Lifted trucks.

5. thesnowman269

thesnowman269 Senior Member

whats funny is this is the 1st thread that comes up when you search for lifted trucks. Bit of Irony I think lol

6. mossman381

mossman381 2000 Club Member

Searches don't really work because people don't label the threads they start very good. I see alot of "My Truck" and "Look what I did" and "Here is what I plow with".

For the search to work people would have to label their threads better.

Oh yeah, my truck is lifted 3" in the front. Does that count :laughing:

Last edited: Apr 22, 2010
  7. thesnowman269

thesnowman269 Senior Member

This is very true the title to the thread has to be correct to find what you are looking for, and mines lifted too :D but I still cant seem to upload pictures :mad:

8. mossman381

I use photobucket. Very easy to use.

9. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

OR learn to use the search feature to it's fullest.

You go to advanced search and enter lifted trucks as the key word and search entire threads.

10. mossman381

That still doesn't work. I have tried to search for simple things like 08-10 chevy trucks and you can't even find somthing that simple with the search. I have found that it is easier to go through the threads yourself.

11. T&M SnowMan

T&M SnowMan Senior Member

I have a 4" Superlift on my 06 F250 with 315's and I have NO problem plowing....changed pin holes on the A frame of the plow to the top hole and back to level she was!...Also have 4.56 gears so pushing is not a problem...I have 4" Coils in the front and 6" blocks in the rear to keep the 2" rake...Coils are good, minimal squat in the front end with plow lifted off ground...On that note, I wouldnt go higher then 4" lift on a plow truck as any more might create too much of a blindspot with the height of hood/top of plow etc...I like to see whats going on around me!

12. dieselguy5245

from mass.

Could you post some pics please?

13. T&M SnowMan

4" SuperLift

These are the only pics I have without digging around much, from this past fall after I put on the plow tires/rims (still 315's). Just opened a photobucket account so bare with me if it doesnt work on the first shot! These were taken right after I finished up my Fisher MM2 overhaul project...prep, prime paint, fabricated some extensions on the headgear for the Intensifire's, tried to make it look like factory, came out pretty clean looking...I might have to get off of my ass and get some more pics..

[​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG][/IMG]

14. T&M SnowMan

More Lift Pictures

ok found a few of when I first installed the lift...took about 10-12 hours by myself laying in the driveway...here they are!

[​IMG][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/IMG]
    this one was right after the lift was finished....still with the stock size tires
    [​IMG][/IMG]

heres one with the new MotoMetal 951's mounted, bought new last March
    [​IMG][/IMG]

15. T&M SnowMan

Before someone says something, the stock brake lines were taken off the next day for longer stainless steel braided hose line....I was just waiting on it to be shipped, so the lines had a little less "slack" then usual!

16. dieselguy5245

from mass.

Thanks for the pics. Nice truck btw.Did you re-paint your plow yourself or did you have someone do it, if so how much did it cost. Im looking to re-paint my fisher

17. T&M SnowMan

Did all the Work myself, I had the primer and spray gun, had to buy the Fisher yellow paint....want to take the headgear off this year and really take care of it, as the majority of the attention went to the plow. I think I posted some pics on the Fisher forum last fall, probably under fisher overhaul or something close!