1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Lifted light tower with skid steer, problem?

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by stokbridge, Dec 19, 2008.

1. stokbridge

stokbridge Junior Member

My plow sank where I had it stored and I was having a heck of a time mounting it the first time I used it this year, I got the bottom pins in but couldn't get it to power up high enough to engage the locks. So anyway, I put a strap on the tower and pulled it up with my skid steer and engaged the pins. Fluid blew out of the vent when I did this and now my pump operates very slowly. When I hold the up button, it comes up a little, then stops, then I have to hit the button again before it cuts out again. I have to do this three or four times to get the plow all the way up. Same thing happens with the wings.

I have since read in the book that you should not do what I did as it creates an "air pocket" in the system. It doesn't tell you how to fix it though. I have added fluid, cycled the plow, and plowed an entire storm already, but it still doesn't work right. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. heavyiron

heavyiron Member

I've never had this problem with my Boss, but it sounds like you've got to bleed the air out somehow, adding fluid won't do much for you. IOn my other equipment unless there is a dedicated valve for purging air, I just start cracking fittings open with a wrench, it makes a mess and you lose some fluid, but it gets the oil to the right places.