1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

lifted k5 blazer

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by hudie3, Sep 7, 2005.

1. hudie3

hudie3 Junior Member

Im new to plowing this year, I recently bought a 1990 k5 blazer with a meyer plow. The truck has a 3inch body lift and 33x12.50x15 tires on it.

What size tires can i go with that are smaller than the 33's but still fill the wheel well? I dont want it to look like im running on donuts, but i want a skinnier tire to cut through the snow. The rims I have are 11 inches wide, I think this limits me. I am also considering getting some junk yard 16 inch rims and going with a 235 85 16.

2. Swampdonkey

Swampdonkey Member

I would say what you are thinking would be fine. That's what I do on my '87 Chevy.

3. mikes plowing

mikes plowing Member
    from cent pa

That should work fine. I'm going to run my 31x10.5x15 for the winter time.I have a 87 blazer v-10 or k-5 same thing with a 4 in lift and meyer plow. I'll try getting pic with the 33x12.5x16.5 that I put on it.

4. mikes plowing

mikes plowing Member
    from cent pa

finly got pic

I finly got the pic of mine lifted with the 33' on it.

002.jpg

5. hudie3

hudie3 Junior Member

thanks for the pic Mike, truck looks good. My k5 looks just about the same with the 33's on it. I have been considering 31 10.50 15 for it. does the 31's look good on it with the lift? i found out that these will fit the wide rims that i have so i think i will be in good shape with them.

6. mikes plowing

mikes plowing Member
    from cent pa

I think I have a pic with the 31's on it I 'll see and post it. thanks I try to make the truck look good. It gets to be hard work when you can only do it one day a week.

truck1.JPG

7. ratplow408

ratplow408 Member
    from PA

BF goodrich makes a 33 10.50 15 A/T which is a great all around tire if you are wooried about the dounut look. I've plowed with these on my 84 K-5 and NO problems.