1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

lifted 79 f-250 and plow

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by treesnsnow, Mar 10, 2011.

1. treesnsnow

treesnsnow Member

I have been plowing now for the past 5 years with my 2005 f150 and it has done a great job. but we all know that 1/2 tons do wear out a lot quicker then a 3/4 or 1 ton. my plowing side of my biz is picking up and i think i have gotten to many lots for my 1/2 ton.
    so i am moving the plow over to my 79 f250 which is my heavy duty work truck dana 60's both front and rear 351m engine and suspension upgrade to which now it is lifted about 8" over stock. i run a 4 leaf pack in the front and 9 leaf pack in the rear. the frame has 1/2 inch plate running through it so it can handle any extra weight i put on it. yes i know a bit much but like i said this truck does all my tree hualing for my tree service. truck was just bought frame up 2 yrs ago so rust and age is not a problem. my question is how do i mount the plow frame to it and support it correctly with such a lift on it i have seen many trucks with lifts plowing so i know it can be done. also if any one has any picks of there 73-79 fords lifted or not with plows on them or close ups of the frame work that would be great. i can weld and fabercate so i am not worried about that.

SECOND what would you guys reccomend for plow size on this truck i run a 7'6" SNOWAY right now was thinking poss going to a 8.5 striaght any thoughts thanks agian