1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Lifted 1996 Chevy 1500

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by kingx49, Sep 18, 2009.

1. kingx49

kingx49 Junior Member

I wanna get a new truck and put a plow on it. The truck im interested in has a 10in lift and 33in tires. Would this be a good truck? or is it sitting to High? This will be my first season plowing. Please help thank you

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Not a good choice for a plow truck.

3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

For commercial use you'd be mulch better off with a truck nearer to stock height. 10" of lift on a plow equipped 1500 is a recipe for problems.

4. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

I knew you would succumb to so mulch peer pressure. Also, I bolded for you. Italics are completely innapropriate.

Do you have any pics of the truck Kingx49?

Last edited: Sep 18, 2009
  5. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

I knew you would succumb to so mulch peer pressure. Also, I bolded for you. Italics are completely innapropriate.

Do you have any pics of the truck Kingx49?

6. JeepCreepn01

JeepCreepn01 Senior Member
    from Ohio

10in of lift on 33's haha i think you might need bigger tires just to fill out the gap between tires and truck

7. adksnowo

adksnowo Senior Member

I thought this was the pictures forum. I know I'll regret this (said that before!) but let's see some pics of something to make this worthwhile!

8. kingx49

kingx49 Junior Member

Thank you

Thank you everyone, I think im going to say no to this truck, the last thing I want is a bunch of problems in my first year. Im going to look for a 2500 stock height.