1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Lift works, now more!!

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by g.moore, Feb 28, 2008.

1. g.moore

g.moore Senior Member

Basher got me the screw and Lift Cylinder rebuild kit in lightening quick speed, got it all in and working so now when I go up it actually stays there. Sunk 2" in 14 hours. So I go out and scrape the roads the last storm (downpressure actually worked), got home and lost the angle cylinders, started checking and seems the hydraulic reservoir snapped all 4 bolts holding it to the pump so I was sucking air. Got the 4 bolts removed, drilled and tapped for 1/4x20 for a bit more strenth so now it's on to building a support to go under the tank. I can say the tank mounting style on my 25 is about the same as bolting an engine to a bellhousing and figuring who needs motor mounts, just let it hang there. Not the brightest design I've seen, eventually something's going to give. Should have it all in and working before the next snow on Sat. Using 2"x4"x1/4" channel with some 16 gauge welded in the center for a cradle which will be clamped to the tank like the on that was engineered correctly under the motor. It never ends........
  2. g.moore

g.moore Senior Member

It works again! Plowed twice and so far other than hitting an 18" boulder in the road and adding another dent to the mold board it works like it should, down force keeps the plow down and it stays up for 14 hours with 2" of drop. Final repairs:
    Both bolts holding the hydraulic pump assembly to the plow sheared, replaced grade 8 and safety wired.
    All 4 bolts holding hydraulic tank to the pump sheared, retapped 1/4x20 grade 8 with safety wire
    Plastic elbow for filter snapped off, friend made one from aluminum for me.
    Bung on hydraulic tank 1/4 torn out of tank, rewelded.
    Added 2x4x1/4 channel support under tank.
    Both bolts holding the mounting plate for the hydraulics to the plow frame sheared, grade 8 with safety wire.

I think the only thing left is to crank up the power angle break away pressures so it stops tripping when I hit things like the boulder that was buried under the snow. Still haven't decided if it stays or not but there's another 3 months of winter yet.
    Like I said before Sno Way should ship the "prototype" blades to me and I can run it for a winter, if it survives it can be stamped "Park County class 9 road approved":jester:
  3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Please the Kudos go to Kim at my shopwesport and Jean at SW:salute:.

I'm just the mouth that bores ;)
  4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

You get to strong out front you'll bend the truck frame, careful how high you crank things. The plow is a lot easier to fix then the truck.

I know where you might get a Slightly :rolleyes: twisted Vee in need of a little work
  5. g.moore

g.moore Senior Member

Then good boss that you are:rolleyes:, pass my comments along.

As to the angle, I can use my quad to move the frozen snow buildup on the side of our road with no problem and it weighs 800# with me on it (660+my 220) but if I use the truck plow it trips within 3 feet. I go at the buildup on the each side with blade angled opposing and cut it away pushing it to the center of the road then push it over the edge of the mountain. I do it this way because I after pushing it to the middle I have 2 tires about 8" from a 250' drop so it allows me to stick my head out the window and keep track of everything. I figure if the quad will do it then the big blade should to.
    As to the Vee blade, if I change blades it will be to either a new Northman or Boss and after dealing with Sno Way regarding my problems, if the dealers refuse cash and carry I'll call corporate and hope they can do something. I'm actually leaning toward the Boss Vee since it weighs is around 1000#'s vs my present +/- 600#'s hoping the weight will dampen the vibration and bouncing.
  6. nbenallo33

nbenallo33 Senior Member

Good Job B