1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

lift with plow

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by t-boner1, Oct 17, 2012.

1. t-boner1

t-boner1 Junior Member

If I put a 2" leveling kit on my 05 f250 will my 8' pro still be ok when i angle or will it need some modification?

2. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

you want the aframe to be parallel with the ground. if it's pointing down then you might have problems.

3. t-boner1

t-boner1 Junior Member

Yea I had issues with my other superduty with 2.5" lift and my Meyers. Had to modify that one also but don't really want to mess with a brand new plow.

4. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

is it built in the highest configuration?

5. t-boner1

t-boner1 Junior Member

I believe so. My cousin did the same lift on his same year f350 and he has a new MVP 8.5. But they have three more adjustment holes in middle of the a-frame

6. 89ram

89ram Junior Member
    from buffalo

i have a 05 f250 also with 2.5 inch leveling springs with a 7.5 ft ultra mount. with it in the lowest adjustment hole. the plow works fine. just had to adjust my rear feet height so it stayed high enough when off the truck. hope this helps i also have 295/65r18 tires so its a little bit taller than stock tires

7. Andrew010

Andrew010 Senior Member

I have a 4.5" lift and 35" tires and with my plow in the lowest holes the A-frame is just about perfectly level with the ground. You should have plenty of adjustment with 2.5" level kit.

8. t-boner1

t-boner1 Junior Member

Awesome. Thanks for the input guys appreciate it.