1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

lift? & Timbrens?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by milwaukeevtwin, Oct 6, 2011.

1. milwaukeevtwin

milwaukeevtwin Senior Member

I am running 2 inch lift keys in a 1995 Chevy 2500 will timbrens help out on this situation? Want to make the front end a little stiffer and take weight off the front?
    Thanks, Anybody using this combination?

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

They will only help keep it up a bit. Once you lift the plow they will sit on the Timbrens and give a pretty rough ride. Spend a few more bucks and install air shocks up front if you can find them to fit. Trust me you(and your truck) will be glad you did. Not only will it give a better ride but it wont sag when you lift the plow.
  3. MarkEagleUSA

MarkEagleUSA Senior Member

You'll likely have to shim the Timbrens down. Ideally you want thewm to just make contact with the lower control arm when the truck is unloaded. On my 97, when I cranked the t-bars up about 1", I had to use a 1/2" spacer on my Timbrens.
  4. Mark71

Mark71 Junior Member

Timbrens get the job done and cheaper.