1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Lift rope

Discussion in 'ATV / UTV Snow Removal' started by UTAH, Nov 9, 2010.

1. UTAH

UTAH Member
    from Utah

Has anyone used anything home made for lift rope? I don't want to wear out my good 50' rope plowing snow.

If no one has any ideas for homemade who currently has the best deal on lift ropes?

Thanks!

2. revdwg

revdwg Member
    from canada

im using a strap off a ratchet strap

3. UTAH

UTAH Member
    from Utah

Good idea.

How do you attach it to the drum?

4. revdwg

revdwg Member
    from canada

the strap was about 13/4" wide so i cut a notch out of the end of it enough so i can drive it through the hole in the winch drum the i melted the end of the strap into the hole

5. Mnflyboy

Mnflyboy Junior Member

I bough a 20' hand winch strap that was 2" wide and cut it in half. Just used duct tape to hold the end on the spool and wound her up....of the tension of winding on itself will hold it fine. Plowed all last winter and it still looks like new.
    Jaye(Mn)

6. snowtech

snowtech Member

same here. we kept snaping the wire that came with the warn wench so we took the wire cable off and fed a 1.5 inch ratchet strap through the drum and tied a knot in the end. then cut the hook of the other end and tied it to the plow. it lasted 4 times longer than the wire cable and when it snapped the operator just released more strap and tied a new knot and was off and running. 3 mins of down time. cant beat it.

7. Mnflyboy

Mnflyboy Junior Member

8. irv

irv Senior Member

did mine like you guys .cant wait to try it.thanks! --irv