1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Lift ram stuck in up position

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Mpana16, Aug 14, 2015.

1. Mpana16

Mpana16 Junior Member

I have a fisher mm1 with the older style pump. The lift ram was left up when it was taken off the truck. I tried hooking it up to the truck to lower it but even while pushing on the lift with my entire body weight i couldn't lower it. I tried to loosen the nut at the top of the ram but that wont loosen. Any other suggestions?

2. seville009

seville009 Senior Member
    from CNY

Is the controller in float? (While it's still on)

3. Mpana16

Mpana16 Junior Member

yes the controller is in float

4. seville009

seville009 Senior Member
    from CNY

Do you know that the controller is working - can you angle the plow?

5. Mpana16

Mpana16 Junior Member

I am sure that the controller works because i just used it to move a plow for a friend. It doesn't go side to side because one of the angle pistons is over extended but you can hear the pump working when you try to move it down.

6. seville009

seville009 Senior Member
    from CNY

Sorry....that's all I can think of. Not a mechanic. Tske mine to a dealer for servicing.

7. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

you can hear the pump working when you try to move it down.

Huh? You shouldn't have ANY pump/motor running while in lower/float. Somethings wrong

8. Randall Ave

Randall Ave PlowSite.com Addict

Working safely, with a jsck under the plow. Take the float valve out, then lower jack, or push ram down, let us no from there.

9. Mpana16

Mpana16 Junior Member

I finally got it down today. I hooked the truck up again today and put it in float, I then attached a come along to the lift arm and to the a frame. while having it in float i ratcheted the come along down and the ram broke free and seems to be working fine. the motor and pump weren't doing anything when it was in float that was only when i was trying to angle the plow.